Forces of Valor U.S. Amphibian Jeep is based on a vehicle used by the 3rd Armored Division in Normandy in 1944. After having commissioned auto manufactures to build the first 4,500 jeeps (GP’s for General Purpose which was commonly called “jeep”) the US Motor Transport Board set up a project under the direction of the National Defense Research Committee (NDRC) to be designated "QMC-4 1/4 Ton Truck Light Amphibian" which became “GPA” or jeep amphibian. The War was at full tilt, and with bridges over Europe's rivers being taken out one after another, it seemed practical if the jeep could swim as well as drive. The GPA's design was based on the standard jeeps as much as possible. The GPA had an interior similar to that of the MB/GPW jeeps, although the driver's compartment had almost twice as many control levers: 2WD/4WD, hi-range/lo-range, capstan winch (on the bows), propeller deployment and rudder control with production starting in 1942.
•Constructed of both die cast metal and plastic
•Hood and cab are metal
•Includes one driver
•Accurate markings and insignia
•Comes with assorted accessories
•Model measures 5.8" x 2.1" x 1.8" and weighs .60 lbs.