Run Time: 395 minutes3 Disc Set
When it comes to worldwide coverage, Bob Hope was the greatest entertainer of the 20th century, easily moving from Broadway to radio to movies to television. TV viewers looked forward to these annual broadcasts. They enjoyed dynamite performances by Ann-Margret and Lola Falana and felt the warmth of Don Ho leading a sing-along with Tiny Bubbles. Bob bantered and his wife, Dolores Hope, helped out. Silent Night closed each show on a solemn, heartwarming note. Despite the merriment onstage, the troupes knew this was serious business as the ominous roar of fighter jets overhead reminded them. For thousands far from home, there was no one like Hope for the holidays. A visit from Bob Hope was the best present a serviceman or servicewoman could receive short of spending Christmas with their families. Thanks to BOB HOPE: SALUTES THE TROOPS, Bob's ability to bring joy to millions is a gift that keeps on giving.
• Dazzling appearances by Ann-Margret, Suzanne Charny, Lola Falana, Ann Jillian, Janis Paige, Jill St. John, Lana Turner, The American Beauties, The Golddiggers, The Hollywood Deb Stars, several Miss Worlds and others.
• Musical performances from Anita Bryant, Marie Osmond, the Pointer Sisters, Frances Langford, Patty Thomas, and more.
• Comedy with Jerry Colonna, Bing Crosby, Redd Foxx, Cincinnati Reds catcher Johnny Bench, pitcher Vida Blue, L.A. Rams quarterback Roman Gabriel, former NFL star Rosey Grier, astronaut Alan Shepard and others.
• A comic trampoline act from Dick Albers, Rudy Cardenas' show-stopping juggling, roller skating by The Blue Streaks and a skydiver parachuting into the audience.
• Bob delivers messages from home to service members, inviting the one whose mother says he's a good singer to perform.
• BONUS: Plus, the DVD set contains the bonus feature Bob Hope: Memories of World War II in which Bob, wife Dolores, Frances Langford, and others reminisce about the era and the beginnings of Bob's long service with the USO.
|Video Demo||Video Demo|